Stammering problems in certain situations
You can speak without any problem, most of the time.
However, there are certain situations that make you anxious and fearful, which cause you to stammer more. You may even avoid such situations altogether. The anxious situations could be:
• Worrying about giving a job interview.
• Anxiety about talking on the telephone.
• Nervousness about asking a girl or guy out on a date.
• Anxiety about having conversations in social gatherings.
• Fearful about giving a presentation at work.
• Anxious about talking with strangers or authority figures.
What could you do to deal with the problem?
Take treatment for stammering with Hiten Vyas PhD.
How does it work?
You and I work via Skype or over the phone (if we talk on the phone, then I pay for the call) and we concentrate on the key situation(s) that are causing you most problems, and what you need to do to approach the situation(s) with confidence.
Whatever situation(s) you are finding difficult, we’ll explore further, identify and then break down the major thoughts and the main negative beliefs around it, and then I’ll share and go through tools and techniques to create and install new and empowering thoughts and beliefs about the situation instead. I can help you do the following:
• Change the way you think about yourself, so you can approach your challenging situations with confidence.
• Overcome negative beliefs about speaking in your difficult situations, and replace them with empowering ones.
• Develop a new and confident self-image to help increase your self-esteem and change your outlook on speaking in your challenging situations.
The result of a treatment session will be a task list of 2-3 things for you to do, that will help you to reinforce what you learnt during the session, so you can approach your situations with confidence, assertiveness and optimism.
I will then keep e-mailing you to ensure that the tasks are done! This is to help you stay focused and continue to encourage you until you have completed your tasks. I will also be at hand to briefly answer questions via e-mail, if you get stuck or need further help.
What techniques are used in the treatment for stammering?
I use Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) to help you change your thoughts, help you increase your self-confidence, create empowering beliefs and reduce your anxiety associated with stammering when speaking in daily situations.
Why take treatment for stammering with me?
Well at the most basic level, I’m a person who stutters, just like you. When I was in my teens and early twenties, I experienced extreme amounts of fear and anxiety because of stammering, which pretty much cripled all aspects of my life. I entered the self-development field in 2003, and learnt to overcome my deepest speaking related fears.
In 2008 I started a blog that was previously known as Stuttering Hub, and I’ve been producing self-help material for people who stammer since then. I have written over 700 blog posts.
For the past 2 years, I’ve worked as a life coach specifically for people who stammer, and am a Master Practitioner of NLP. I have been trained in NLP by the renowned Dr. Bobby Bodenhamer in the United States, and author of the book Mastering Blocking and Stuttering. I am an Associate member of the UK’s Association for Coaching, and I’m also the creator of the Stuttering Mentor Program, which is the first NLP-based, online coaching program to help people who stammer, to overcome anxiety and other unhelpful emotions.
Here’s what other people who stammer have had to say:
Stephanus van Schalkwyk, St. Louis, MO, USA
Since starting stuttering treatment with Hiten, I’ve been noticing a much higher level of confidence in my speech and verbal interaction, especially over the telephone. As my confidence in my speaking ability has increased, my self-confidence has increased, feeding back to my speech. I would wholeheartedly recommend anyone with a stammer to make use of his excellent treatment method.
Rika Sukenik, Atlanta, USA
Hiten’s well-crafted use of NLP techniques really helps dissolve negative thoughts and unwanted emotions. It quickly became very obvious to me that Hiten spends a great deal of time getting to know his client and gearing the sessions specifically towards his client’s personality, needs, and goals. Hiten is extremely dedicated and his work doesn’t just stop after the session. He assigns homework exercises and always makes himself available to answer any questions or to just to give you a much needed pick-me up. Hiten is a fantastic coach and mentor. I highly recommend him!
What are the fees?
A single session includes the following:
1. 1 hour of help with me via Skype or the phone, focusing on the main challenging situation, which is causing you problems because of stammering, with a task list of 2-3 exercises at the end of the session.
2. Email support after the session for 7 days to answer any questions you may have and check on your progress with the exercises.
3. 2 months subscription to the Stuttering Mentor program.
The monthly package includes:
1. 4x 60 mins therapy sessions via Skype or the phone, one per week, focusing on 2-3 main situations that are causing you problems.
2. A task list of 2-3 exercises at the end of each session.
3. Email support throughout the month.
4. 3 months subscription to the Stuttering Mentor program.
How many sessions will I need?
This really depends on you and how many situations you want to work on. Some people only have one challenging situation and after one session can approach it confidently. Other people need 2,3 or 4 sessions to really work on their particular situation and to work on other ones they want to deal with.
How can I make payment?
Should we decide to work together, you can pay securely using 2Checkout.com. You can also deposit fees into an ICICI Bank Account.
What if the treatment for stammering doesn’t work for me?
I’ll refund your money right away at the end of the first session, there and then, no questions. I have no interest in keeping anyone’s money, who my support isn’t helping.
The Free 20 minutes consultation
I understand you may have other questions, concerns and fully appreciated this is a big commitment for you. Therefore, I would be very happy to answer any questions you may have. It is also important for me to establish that NLP treatment is appropriate for you. Please use the contact form below to contact me or your can E-mail me at email@example.com. I’ll get back to you within one working day.
We can arrange the consultation over the phone or via Skype. If it’s over the phone, then I will pay for the call.
The consultation usually takes the following format:
1. You contact me and provide some details of your challenging stammering situation(s) causing you most anxiety, and any questions you have.
2. I e-mail you back with answers to your questions and a few questions of my own.
3. We then arrange a suitable date and time for the consultation.
Please note: Anything we discuss will be kept strictly confidential.